Feminist Camille Paglia Calls Out ‘Transgender Mania’ and Says Parents Who Indulge Kids Are Committing Child Abuse (VIDEO)

Camille Paglia

Professor and author Camille Paglia recently gave an interview to a TV show in South America, during which she criticized the new fad-like obsession with transgenderism.

She calls ‘Transgender Mania’ a symptom of cultural collapse and also says that parents who indulge young children in this are committing child abuse.

CNS News reports:

Paglia: ‘Transgender Mania’ is a Symptom of West’s Cultural Collapse

“Nothing… better defines the decadence of the West to the jihadists than our toleration of open homosexuality and this transgender mania now,” Paglia said during an October 22 interview on the Brazilian television program Roda Viva.

“I think that the transgender propagandists make wildly inflated claims about the multiplicity of gender,” she said.

“Sex reassignment surgery, even today with all of its advances, cannot in fact change anyone’s sex, okay. You can define yourself as a trans man, or a trans woman, as one of these new gradations along the scale. But ultimately, every single cell in the human body, the DNA in that cell, remains coded for your biological birth.

“So there are a lot of lies being propagated at the present moment, which I think is not in anyone’s best interest.

“Now what I’m concerned about is the popularity and the availability of sex reassignment surgery, so that someone who doesn’t feel that he or she belongs to the biological birth, gender. People are being encouraged to intervene in the process.

“Parents are now encouraged to subject the child to procedures that I think are a form of child abuse. The hormones to slow puberty, actual surgical manipulations, etcetera. I think that this is wrong, that people should wait until they are of an informed age of consent.

“Parents should not be doing this to their children and I think that even in the teenage years is too soon to be making this leap.

Watch the video:

Did you ever think you’d agree with a feminist?

Comments

• m a says

One of the few on the left who is articulate and makes thoughtful well-supported arguments. I don’t always read left-wing lesbian feminist authors, but when I do its Paglia.

1. Black Bear says

“Paglia also said during the interview that “transgender propagandists” are overstating their case.”

Isn’t overstatement the currency today? “Global cooling” became “global warming” which became “climate change”, rape statistics are wildly overblown as is the “white cops kill black kids every 28 minutes” nonsense.

Doesn’t anyone in the press actually do their job anymore? The “free” press is supposed to actually question those in power not become their lapdogs, cheerleaders and propagandists.

I want to live in a country where I can actually trust what’s written in the reputable press. I don’t want to live in a country were Pravda is more honest than the American press.

• Melissa Richardson says

.❝my neighbor’s mom is making $98 HOURLY on the lap-top❞….A few days ago new McLaren F1 subsequent after earning 18,512$,,,this was my previous month’s paycheck ,and-a little over, $17k Last month ..3-5 h/r of work a day ..with extra open doors & weekly paychecks.. it’s realy the easiest work I have ever Do.. I Joined This 7 months ago and now making over $87, p/h..Learn More right Here….
        2koz………..
        ➤➤
        ➤➤➤ http://GlobalWorldEmploymentsVacanciesReportsNew/GetPaid/$97hourly… ❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦

• Linda Scheerer says

.❝my neighbor’s mother is making $98 HOURLY on the lap-top❞….A few days ago new McLaren F1 subsequent after earning 18,512$,,,this was my previous month’s paycheck ,and-a little over, $17k Last month ..3-5 h/r of work a day ..with extra open doors & weekly paychecks.. it’s realy the easiest work I have ever Do.. I Joined This 7 months ago and now making over $87, p/h..Learn More right Here….
        3rze……..
        ➤➤
        ➤➤➤ http://GlobalWorldEmploymentVacanciesReportDynamic/GetPaid/$97hourly… ❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦

2. nono says

Transgender advocates are overplaying their hand. How many mothers and daughters are going to want phyiscally male bodies in their showers. Do you really think they will vote for the party that is promoting this even if the nominee is a woman. Perhaps the next Democratic Debate they should ask the three candidates if they support the ruling that transgender boys must be allowed to shower with the girls.

3. InklingBooks says

One the other hand, one’s sexual orientation is also said to be so fundamental, fixed, and unchangingly different, that all of society, including restrooms and high school showers, must be radically rearranged to suit those who claim to have been programmed by nature not merely as the other sex but as one of a long and complication list of newly invented sex options. Any effort to change that rigid and fixed orientation is said to be wrong and criminal. Anyone who disagrees is branded a bigot.

Which is it? Are we merely people whose sexual features are so insignificant that all statistical differences which show up in society are evidence of sexism? Or are we creatures whose inborn sexual nature determines everything about us, so much so that any effort by society to not adapt to such people, including by not allowing a teen boy to shower with teen girls, is a punishable crime?

And yes, I do realize that there is a common ground to this illogic. Both ideologies provide an excuse for progressives to do what they like most, which is bully others around and feel superior for doing so.

Those who’d like to better understand how fundamental the feelings of embarrassment are to teen girls might want to read a book I wrote for such girls, giving advice on coping with hospitalization. When we discuss teen guys in teen girl’s showers and restrooms, we should never forget how that violation of their personal space adversely impacts them. I know. When I worked (as a guy) on the nursing staff at a major children’s hospital caring for girls recovering from major back surgeries, those girls and I had learn to adapt to those complicated feelings.

–Michael W. Perry, Hospital Gowns and Other Embarrassments: A Teen Girl’s Guide to Hospitals

• ryu238 says

“Keep in mind that there’s a bizarre illogic in today’s progressivism. On one hand, one’s sex is said to be a mere social construct having no basis in biology. Any one who suggests that men and women are fundamentally different is branded a sexist.” Exactly. It’s wrong to assume gender and sex are the same thing. You’re u seem to get the two terms confused. People are born with gender identities different from the norm Alan’s that’s ok.

4. Raptor Jesus says

Signs of the west’s cultural collapse are not hard to find. Bin Laden famously said, ‘when a person sees a strong horse and a weak horse they are naturally drawn to the strong horse’.

The west is the weak horse.

5. Proteios says

OY! The left needs to figure out what it stands for this week. A president says its abuse not to indulge these transgenders and now a feminist (one who makes sense for a change) says its unhealthy. Wow. False ideologies are really hard to group into a political ideology. THe left illustrates this nicely.

6. michelletherese says

The parents that indulge in this transgender mania are doing it all for themselves, they are selfish and self-serving, wanting the social status to be gained for being fashionable because you have a so-called transgender child.

7. says

I totally agree with her even though I am transgender myself. I don’t believe a child should EVER be told they need a sex change to be the person they want to be. Kids should be allowed to explore as they are and make a mature decision once they are grown up.

8. Jennifer Hugus says

Yes, I would agree that letting children decide to start the transition is too early, but a lot of the other implications in this story seriously bother me. To which societies is she referring–i.e. the ones which collapsed because a few men just happened to decide to wear dresses? The right wing Christians are now having a field day with this to further their prejudice in lust for the rapture. “See? An academic Lesbian feminist said it so you know it is the end times!”–FAIL!!! I also don’t care for her cavalier attitude essentially intimating that the Jihadists are correct in judging our society as they do just because a few people might be confused regarding their gender/sexuality. Really? And here I thought militaristic hegemony was the key agitating force. Lastly, and in light of disturbances on the right and left hand side of the political spectrum regarding the above, it is distressing that no one is calling out the real disrupting force possibly pertaining to this whole thing: The chemicals in our food, soil and water to speak nothing of pesticides. Perhaps it is time to start looking to the chemical companies (starting with birth control residue in the water) concerning such a sudden change-up in sexual-social dynamics rather than pointing fingers at the so called and direct facilitators themselves…